Azienda Vinicola Rivera S.p.A.
S.P.231 Km. 60,500 - 76123 Andria (BT) Italy
VAT No. IT 00252880729 - Capital stock € 450,000.00 (fully paid)
Castel del Monte D.O.C.
This wine has made the history of Italian rosé. It is obtained mainly from Bombino Nero, traditionally from the rocky hills of the DOC Castel del Monte. After a soft crushing, the grapes stay in the soak for 12-15 hours to take of from skins the right color and aroma that will give the characteristics and uniqueness that make this wine so famous. Dry, light and fruity, it is a classic table wine to be served well chilled.
- Variety: 100% Bombino Nero
- Grape harvest: Last week in September. Vineyard yield: 90-100 q/ha
- Wine making: Maceration on the skins for 16-18 hours at 18°C and 9-10 day fermentation
- Aging: 3-4 months in glass-lined cement vats
- Tasting notes: Light cherry hue with purple highlights; fruit-rich, emphatic bouquet with notes of cherry and strawberry; crisp, refreshing palate with full fruit and delicious acidity.
- Alcohol: 12%
Gambero Rosso (2016)
Vinous - Ian d'Agata (2016)
It is the black grape varieties more typical of the DOC Castel del Monte so that in 2011 it was recognized as a specific DOCG It is particularly suitable for the production of rose wines because it and his late-ripening grapes certain berries are bitter and maintain the high acidity and low alcohol content.