Azienda Vinicola Rivera S.p.A.
S.P.231 Km. 60,500 - 76123 Andria (BT) Italy
VAT No. IT 00252880729 - Capital stock € 450,000.00 (fully paid)
Castel del Monte D.O.C.G.
"Pungirosa" enhances the characteristics of the variety Bombino Nero, the most typical of Castel del Monte's area and most appropriate for the production of rosé wines so much to merit the a DOCG appellation. A short maceration on the skins at low temperature extracting the color and the more delicate aromatics resulting in a fresh and juicy wine, with hints of wild strawberries and a soft palate from the beautiful grain mineral. Very easy to match with food, a real all rounder perfect as an aperitif.
- Variety: 100% Bombino Nero
- Grape harvest: First week of October. Vineyard yield: 100-110 q/ha
- Wine making: Maceration on the skins for 24 hours at 5-6°C, then fermentation for 9-10 days at 18°C.
- Aging: 2-3 months in glass-lined cement vats
- Tasting notes: Purple-flecked onion skin color; delicate bouquet with notes of wild rose and cherry; crisp yet smooth palate, well balanced, with a subtle vein of acidity; lengthy, juicy finish.
- Cellaring: 2-3 years
- Alcohol: 12%
Slow Wine (2019)
It is the black grape varieties more typical of the DOC Castel del Monte so that in 2011 it was recognized as a specific DOCG It is particularly suitable for the production of rose wines because it and his late-ripening grapes certain berries are bitter and maintain the high acidity and low alcohol content.