Azienda Vinicola Rivera S.p.A.
S.P.231 Km. 60,500 - 76123 Andria (BT) Italy
VAT No. IT 00252880729 - Capital stock € 450,000.00 (fully paid)
Castel del Monte Rosso Riserva D.O.C.G.
A complex wine, elegant and austere that signifies the great potential of the "Nero di Troia" (about 70%), the main indigenous variety of the DOC Castel del Monte, that provides its essence, character and elegance, combined with other local varieties that provide to its harmony. Aged in French oak for at least 14 months and for a further year in bottle, goes well with red meats, game and mature cheeses. Well-preserved, shows great aging capacity.
- Variety: 70% Nero di Troia - 30% Other local varieties
- Grape harvest: Third week in October. Vineyard yield: 90-100 q/ha
- Wine making: Third week in October. Vineyard yield: 90-100 q/ha
- Aging: 14 months, 50% in French oak barriques and 50% in 30-hl French oak; 12 months in the bottle.
- Tasting notes: Dense garnet-red; multi-layered bouquet of ripe wild red berry fruit, leather, pipe tobacco and spice; rich palate, austere, very lengthy and well-balanced.
- Cellaring: 12-15 years
- Alcohol: 13,5%
Wine Spectator (2019)
James Suckling (2019)
Nero di Troia
The black grape varieties most typical of central and northern Apulia. From late maturation and thick-skinn rich in tannins and anthocyanins, it produces wines with an elegant bouquet andl hints of violets with a remarkable structure that allows it great aging potential.