Azienda Vinicola Rivera S.p.A.
S.P.231 Km. 60,500 - 76123 Andria (BT) Italy
VAT No. IT 00252880729 - Capital stock € 450,000.00 (fully paid)
Nero di Troia
Castel del Monte D.O.C.
"Violante" enhanced with a young and fresh style all the elegance of the Nero di Troia and its typical bouquet of violet. The grapes are harvested in the second half of October are vinified with this objective through a short maceration on the skins at low temperature and then aged in concrete vats for one year. The result is a wine of great pleasure to serve at 16 ° -18 ° C alone or in combination with soups, pasta sauces and meats.
- Variety: 100% Nero di Troia
- Grape harvest: Second week of October. Vineyard yield of 110 q/ha
- Wine making: Maceration for 9-10 days at 24°C with pumpovers, elestage and micro-oxygenation
- Aging: 12 months in glass-lined cement vats and 3 months in the bottle
- Tasting notes: Luminous purple-red; rich bouquet of wild red berry fruit with notes of sweet violet; juicy, full-bodied palate, with fine balance between fruit and structure.
- Cellaring: 5-6 years
- Alcohol: 13%
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate (2016)
Wine Spectator (2016)
Annuario dei migliori vini italiani 2014 di Luca Maroni (2014)
Nero di Troia
The black grape varieties most typical of central and northern Apulia. From late maturation and thick-skinn rich in tannins and anthocyanins, it produces wines with an elegant bouquet andl hints of violets with a remarkable structure that allows it great aging potential.