Azienda Vinicola Rivera S.p.A.
S.P.231 Km. 60,500 - 76123 Andria (BT) Italy
VAT No. IT 00252880729 - Capital stock € 450,000.00 (fully paid)
Nero di Troia
Castel del Monte D.O.C.
"Violante" enhanced all the elegance of the Nero di Troia grape varietal with a young and fresh style and its typical bouquet of Violet. The grapes are harvested in the second half of October and are vinified with this objective through a short maceration on the skins at low temperature and then it ages partly in big French oak casks and partly in concrete vats for 6 months. The result is a wine of great pleasure to serve at 16 ° -18 ° C to enjoy by itself or in combination with soups, pasta sauces and meats. Violante is also the ideal partner of the local cheese Burrata di Andria.
- Variety: 100% Nero di Troia
- Grape harvest: Second week of October. Vineyard yield of 110 q/ha
- Wine making: Maceration for 9-10 days at 24°C with pumpovers, elestage and micro-oxygenation
- Aging: 20% of the wine is aged for 6 months in 30 Hl French oak casks, while the remaining 80% is aged in vitrified concrete vats. The wine is released after further 3 months of bottle ageing
- Tasting notes: Luminous purple-red; rich bouquet of wild red berry fruit with notes of sweet violet; juicy, full-bodied palate, with fine balance between fruit and structure.
- Cellaring: 5-6 years
- Alcohol: 13%
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate (2016)
Wine Spectator (2016)
Annuario dei migliori vini italiani 2014 di Luca Maroni (2014)
Nero di Troia
The black grape varieties most typical of central and northern Apulia. From late maturation and thick-skinn rich in tannins and anthocyanins, it produces wines with an elegant bouquet andl hints of violets with a remarkable structure that allows it great aging potential.