Azienda Vinicola Rivera S.p.A.
S.P.231 Km. 60,500 - 76123 Andria (BT) Italy
VAT No. IT 00252880729 - Capital stock € 450,000.00 (fully paid)
Nero di Troia
Castel del Monte Nero di Troia Riserva D.O.C.G.
Puer Apuliae or “Son of Apulia”: so was called Frederick II of Swabia, the 13th century Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire who loved this region so much to make it his summer residence and building the majestic "Castel del Monte", leaving an indelible memorial for all mankind. Thus, Puer Apuliae,gets its name from being the child of the most representative indigenous black grape variety in central Apulia: "Nero di Troia". It is a wine of considerable character and style, obtained from an almost-forgotten small-berried clone of Nero di Troia selected in Rivera’s oldest vineyards, Tafuri.
Modern-style vinification and ageing in new barriques have enabled us to make a wine in which the typical aromas of this variety, violets and star anise, are strongly present, supported by a really full-bodied palate.
- Variety: 100% Nero di Troia - "Tafuri" Vineyard
- Grape harvest: Last week of October - Vineyard yeld: 50-60 q/ha
- Wine making: Maceration in stainless steel lasts 20 days at 20°C, with frequent pump-overs and delestage
- Aging: 14 months in newFrench oak barriques -12 months in bottle
- Tasting notes: Deep, impenetrable purple-red colour; intense, fresh aromas of dark berry, star anise, and violets; concentrated, full-bodied flavours on the palate, with lingering, spicy black berry fruit; close-knit but soft tannins on the finish.
- Cellaring: 12-15 years
- Alcohol: 14,0%
James Suckling (2019)
Wine Enthusiast (2019)
I Migliori Vini Italiani di Luca Moroni (2019)
Nero di Troia
The black grape varieties most typical of central and northern Apulia. From late maturation and thick-skinn rich in tannins and anthocyanins, it produces wines with an elegant bouquet andl hints of violets with a remarkable structure that allows it great aging potential.