Azienda Vinicola Rivera S.p.A.
S.P.231 Km. 60,500 - 76123 Andria (BT) Italy
VAT No. IT 00252880729 - Capital stock € 450,000.00 (fully paid)
Lama dei Corvi
Castel del Monte D.O.C.
A wine of great structure and elegance obtained thanks to the handpicked harvest of Chardonnay grapes grown in the spectacular vineyard called "Lama dei Corvi" (Crows' Landslide) made of limestone-rock on 350 meters above sea level, in the heart of the DOC Castel del Monte. The grapes are harvested in the second week of August and the must is fermented in French oak barrels of first passage in which continued aging of wine for the next 9 months.
The complexity of the wine makes it the perfect complement to rich main courses, especially seafood dishes, and white meats.
- Variety: 100% Chardonnay - "Lama dei Corvi" Vineyard
- Grape harvest: Second week in August. Vineyard yield: 80-90 qt/ha
- Wine making: Fermentation at 18°C in new French oak barriques.
- Aging: 9 months in new French oak barriques; 6 months in bottle.
- Tasting notes: Deep straw yellow; rich bouquet of ripe pear and apple, with toasty notes. Complex, elegant palate, very appealing.
- Cellaring: 4-6 years
- Alcohol: 13,5%