Azienda Vinicola Rivera S.p.A.
S.P.231 Km. 60,500 - 76123 Andria (BT) Italy
VAT No. IT 00252880729 - Capital stock € 450,000.00 (fully paid)
Castel del Monte D.O.C.
Fresh and fruity red made from the assemblage of traditional varieties of the DOC Castel del Monte, including "Nero di Troia", and the international "Cabernet Sauvignon". The result is a wine very easy to drink that expresses a fresh bouquet and floral aroma with notes of black pepper and a pleasing and dynamic palate with a beautiful finish. Soups, pasta sauces and meats are the most appropriate combinations.
- Variety: 40% Nero di Troia - 10% Cabernet Sauvignon - 50% other indigenous grapes
- Grape harvest: Last week in September and first week in October. Vineyard yield: 110-120 q/ha
- Wine making: Maceration at 24°C for 6-7 days with frequent pumpovers
- Aging: 9 months in glass-lined cement vats.
- Tasting notes: Ruby with purple highlights; bouquet of wild red berry fruit; smooth, fruity late, well balanced with subtly tannic finish.
- Alcohol: 13%
James Suckling (2019)
I Migliori Vini Italiani di Luca Moroni (2018)
Gambero Rosso (2016)
Nero di Troia
The black grape varieties most typical of central and northern Apulia. From late maturation and thick-skinn rich in tannins and anthocyanins, it produces wines with an elegant bouquet andl hints of violets with a remarkable structure that allows it great aging potential.